DOWNLOADABLE COPY: LG-Leader-Notes-Spirit Pt 3-05-05-2013
Spirit Pt. 3
Maintain the Fullness
May 5, 2013- Robbie Sevilla
Week of May 6, 2013
Bible Passage – Ephesians 5:18-21 (NIV)
18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
COME & Belong
ICE BREAKER – What vacation plans do you have this summer? Share with the group.
THRIVE in the WORD
(The questions below are suggestions only. If you are led by God to change the content, do so.)
1. Today’s message was about maintaining the fullness of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Looking back at the characters of the Bible, give an example of someone who has maintained the fullness of the Holy Spirit in their life? Why do you say this?
2. How effective do you think our witness for Christ could be without the Holy Spirit’s presence?
3. Review the notes from Sunday’s message. Do you have times when you feel the Holy Spirit is absent in your life? What actions can you take when this happens?
4. What is the difference between being drunk with wine and being filled with the Holy Spirit?
5. According to today’s message what is the full impact of the Holy Spirit’s power in our lives?
GO & Serve- As early as now, consider serving as a group in the Go Days of Service.
The three major activities are, Food Drive for Eden Community Food Bank where volunteers are needed to go around the community one Saturday leaving a paper bag and note on how to donate door to door and driving around the following week to collect on top of the church wide campaign; Rolling park, school and malls clean up and bottled water distribution where families can participate and the blood donation. More details to follow.
Kingdom Roots Conference on May 25 use this link for more details- http://persecution.net/womensconference.pdf
Go Days of Service- 3 Saturdays in June to bless Mississauga as a church, watch out for more announcements.
North American Christian Convention- July 9-12, Louisville Kentucky
Suggested Bible Reading Plan This Week – This week read Acts Chapters 1-8. Observe the lives of those filled with the Holy Spirit.
18Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy
19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music
to the Lord in your hearts. 20 And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name
of our Lord Jesus Christ. 21 And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 5:18-21, NLT
We need to maintain the fullness that the Holy Spirit gives.
I. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A DOVE: PURITY
Matthew 3:16-17, NLT; See also
Mark 1:9-11, Luke 3:21-23, John 1:31-33
II. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A WIND: POWER
Acts 1:8; 2:1-2, NLT
John 3:5-8, NLT
III. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A FIRE: REFINING
Isaiah 4:4, NIV.
Acts 2:3-4, NLT. – See Matthew 3:11 for how John the Baptist describes Jesus.
IV. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS An OIL: ANOINTS & HEALS
Luke 4:18, NLT
Acts 10:38, NLT
1 Samuel 10:1; 1 Samuel 16:13
Mark 6:12-13; James 5:14
V. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS WATER: SATISFACTION
John 7:37-39, NLT. See also John 4:13-14, 6:35
We maintain the fullness of the Spirit by….
1. Regular worship (v. 19)
2. Fellowship (v. 19)
3. Gratitude (v. 20)
4. Submission (v.21)