Attached is the message handout for “Why fish?” that is pt. 2 of this series. Trusting you are getting blessed.
Part 2- Why Fish?
Intro- Revisiting Part 1
Last week, while visiting Mark 1: 14-20, we discovered that Jesus made His goal for His followers clear.
- It wasn’t just to make them more holy or more disciplined or more loving.
- Instead, we learned that as far as Jesus is concerned, to follow
means __________________ and that __________________ fish.
- All throughout the New Testament, there is an
___________________ connection between ______________
Jesus and ______________ for men.
- We also saw that His agenda for them is His agenda for _________.
Why Fish? (Checking the Background) Acts 3
Why Fish? (Looking at the Story) Acts 4: 7-13
- The first apostles couldn’t contain what they have ______________.
- Christianity started not as a new ____________________ but
as an ______________ in _____________________.
- A ______________or ideology is always subject to argument
but a _______________ event is irrefutable.
Why Fish? The 3 Main Answers
Followers fish because they witnessed an __________ in ___________
and did not just adopt an _______________.
Followers fish because ______________ need to know the
____________ and the gospel message is not _______________.
Followers fish because Jesus __________________ it.