God designed the church to be composed of a multitude of different people whom He has blessed with different and varying gifts that they can use to serve the world through the church in an awesome way. You can liken it to a body, and orchestra or a tapestry of various colors. Each part, piece or thread is important to the whole. You and I are God-designed to be blessed by Him in a unique way so we can be a unique blessing to someone else. This week let’s remember that in His design, there is NO SPARE PARTS and hence we all matter in His church right here and now. Talk and learn more about this in this week’s Life Group here at CMCC.
No Spare Parts – The Missing Piece Part 3
Sunday February 26th, 2012 – Pastor Jim Tune
Feb 27- Mar 4, 2012
“ 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with you faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. Romans 12:4-8
COME & belong
ICE BREAKER – You’ve received a Lego piece, a piece of rope, and a jigsaw puzzle piece. Ask your group what would be another good mnemonic give-away for the ongoing series, “The Missing Piece?”
THRIVE & become more like Jesus
1) G.I.F.T. – Gee I Felt That! When you deploy your GIFTs, it will be felt by others. Pastor Jim even said we are robbing one another when we are not contributing to the Church Community. Every puzzle piece or a piece that belongs to a bigger whole, whether small, large or seemingly insignificant, has a valuable role to play and is vital. How will your life change as you put your pieces in play in relation to what we are talking about in the series? Are you willing to make that sacrifice? Will it be worth the sacrifice?
2) Jesus warmly accepts the broken. He is a master of picking up the broken pieces of our lives, cleans us up and restores us to His original plan for us. Share the areas in your life where what the enemy meant for evil, God turned it around for good.
3) Discuss 1 Peter 4:10. What is meant by managing God’s grace by faithfully using what God has given us to serve others? A committed minority can change a culture and a community. What will you commit to today?
4) How are you growing spiritually and what change/s are you experiencing right now as a result of this series?
GO & serve like Jesus through prayer & Action
Accountability Point – Accountability Point – When we earnestly begin to define ourselves not by what I take but by what I give, we need to (1 Timothy 4:14 and 2 Timothy 1:6)
A) Discover Your Gift (Time, Talent and Treasure)
B) Develop Your Gift (Time, Talent and Treasure)
C) Deploy Your Gift (Time, Talent and Treasure). Mind, Heart, Feet, Hands, Lips, Financially
What movement are you making at each point and each level? What are you doing as a small group to help each other create movement? (LEADER’S NOTE – By now it’s fair that everyone should answer that question. Ensure that there is time for everyone to contribute)
PRAYER POINT – That more and more people would be activated in service. Take time this evening to pray for each other’s needs.
Suggested Bible Reading Plan This Week (We are retaining last week’s reading for this week. Take a third read and be blessed)
Day 1: I Corinthians 12-13 Day 2: Ephesians 4:7-16 Day 3: Romans 12
Day 4: I Corinthians 9:19-23 Day 5: I Corinthians 9:24-27
- Volleyball Night at CMCC was a blast this past Saturday so we are doing it again on Saturday March 3RD at 7:30 in the Church Gym. It is Co-Ed and please wear non-marking running shoes and invite your friends as well
- RE-SCHEDULED Friday March 2nd at 6pm – Family night at CMCC. Please contact Pastor Carl at email@example.com
- March Break Camp – please contact Nicole at Nicole@churchillmeadows.org
- The Marriage Course seminar for couples- March 28