Welcome back to most of you and if you are new to the CMCC lifegroups, a first time greeting to you as well. We are starting our Spring/Summer cycle this week and we hope that you have a great experience with your respective groups. To have the best experience, make sure you attend the first meeting and seek to establish some healthy rules of interaction like basic mutual respect with regards to your time. The leaders and hosts offers their time to help you grow within the group. Honor that by coming to the agreed meetings and notify them when you cannot come. Agree to make the group discussions friendly, honest and secure. Mutual trust goes a long way. Most importantly, anticipate God’s presence and guidance during each meeting and have fun.
You can access the materials here after 11pm each Sunday so if you want to have a preparation prior to your lifegroup’s meeting, make it a point to visit this lifegroup blog. Be aware as well that your leaders and hosts are encouraged to use the questions as a guide or tool so if it is more appropriate for your lifegroup, they are free to modify the questions or even make new ones. Have fun and thrive during this cycle.
Edmund & Shiraz
I’d be a Christian If… Life Was Fair – Part II
Sunday April 22nd 2012 – Pastor Jim Tune
April 23rd to 29th, 2012
“Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all the faithless live at ease” Jeremiah 12:1
COME & belong
ICE BREAKER – Assign a member to provide one.
1) Disappointment occurs when our experiences don’t live up to our expectations. Share with one another some of the experiences that didn’t seem to measure up to what we felt the outcome should have been? What criteria did you use to establish the expectation?
2) Former CEO of Nabisco on how to make it on Wall Street – “Never play by the rules, never pay in cash and never tell the truth”. There will always be unscrupulous people in places of authority as Pastor Jim spoke about this in week 1 of this series as well. Not how should we, but how have we responded to these situations as we have encountered them in the past or even the present. What type of response has worked and what can we do to order our steps more appropriately going forward?
3) Pastor Jim made the statements that “educating and vaccinating isn’t enough” and that “Man is not inherently good at getting better” –. What has it taken in your life to put you in the path of pursuing righteousness? What things keep you on that path and what things take you off that path?
THRIVE & become more like Jesus
4) Read and discuss John 16:33 and Romans 8:28
5) The question isn’t whether or not God will come through when life happens, but rather, what will we do when life happens? When we approach God and state the injustices in our lives, what would happen if God asks us, about the fairness of how we treat our relationship with him?
GO & serve like Jesus through prayer & Action
Accountability Point – As a group, determine what act of service as a group you will be undertaking for the 3rd semester.
PRAYER POINT – The team serving in Belarus for 2 weeks
Suggested Bible Reading Plan This Week
Day 1: Habakkuk 1-3 Day 2: Jeremiah 12 Day 3: Jeremiah 29
Day 4: Micah 6 Day 5: Psalm 1
- Sunday April 29th – Pizza with the Pastor at 1pm after 2nd Service (This is most recommended for people who are new to CMCC who wants to touch base with Jim & Claudia Tune)